We accept submissions of one-page abstracts to be presented as posters during the workshop. The best poster will be awarded the NanoSwarm $500 cash prize.
Jul 14 (extended): Deadline for abstract submission (send PDF to email@example.com)
Jul 23: Notification of acceptance
Sep 14: Poster sessions and awards
Advances in micro-nano robotic swarms for biomedical applications will require the convergence of several disciplines towards a shared systems approach. Many applications in treatment and diagnostics could benefit from the coordination of large numbers of micro-nano robots; examples include nanoparticles that communicate to improve drug delivery to tumors and synthetic bacteria that amplify signals in biomedical devices. Identifying desired swarm behaviors, exploring micro-nano robot designs, modeling the system outcome, and testing the robots in vitro or in vivo will require close collaboration among clinicians, bioengineers, roboticists, and swarm engineers.
To encourage interactions and discussion, we will hold two cross-disciplinary poster sessions throughout the day. Posters will be accepted based on a 1-page abstract submission. Please use the official IROS LaTex or MS Word templates and send the final PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 14 (extended deadline).
Topics of interest include, but are in no way limited to:
- biomedical applications for micro-nano systems
- high-resolution monitoring of biomedical systems
- fast prototyping of microenvironments
- micro-nano robots
- unconventional robots (DNA devices, nanoparticles, synthetic bacteria, bio-bots)
- synthetic biology
- fabrication and manipulation at the micro-nano scale
- energy-based robot control (magnetic, light-based)
- self-organizing biological and robotic systems
- control of swarm robotic systems
- large-scale simulations of swarm systems
- tools to explore swarm behaviors (bio-inspiration, crowdsourcing, machine learning)
The best poster will receive the NanoSwarm $500 award based on feedback from a panel of judges from different disciplines.